Resin Stained Glass is one of the new processes by Bear Glass when you can lay down just any design you want on the glass in variety of colors. The resin is applied to the outer layer of glass, using a stained resin machine. Bear Glass applies the resin also to mirrored glass. Traditional handcrafted Resin Stained Glass by Bear Glass has long been recognized for its beauty and dazzling visual impact.
Bear Glass does not use any lead strips in the process of making the Resin Stained Glass but instead uses UV stable, colorfast acrylic resins. The acrylic resin is extremely durable and one can easily compare it with a toughened glass.
Bear Glass can do a whole range of standard Resin Stained Glass designs, still we believe on the visions of our customers. Resin Stained Glass by Bear Glass can really transform a dull back door piece of glass or be used to make a big centerpiece in a landing or hallway. Bear Glass creates beautiful Resin Stained Glass for door panels, windows, fanlights, mirrors etc. The choice of design, color and texture is extensive.
Bear Glass can make faceted glass windows with Resin Stained Glass. Bear Glass artisans use one inch (2.5 cm) thick slabs of glass, cut into the desired shapes then selectively faceted on the interior edges to enhance the refraction of light. Then an epoxy resin is poured between each piece to create the structural matrix. Finally, the resin is covered with a layer of colored granules.
Bear Glass combines the resin stain with silk screening and glass grooving to create even more texture and depth in your design. For came colors you aren’t limited as you are with traditional leaded beveled glass designs. With Resin Stained glass by Bear Glass you can have red, white, taupe, gun metal, just about any color you want.
One thing to note here is that Resin Stained Glass isn’t a good choice if one just needs a handful of pieces. But for doing multiple pieces this is a beautiful solution for unlimited design capabilities.
One big difference between the Resin Stained Glass and traditional decorative leaded beveled glass is, you can make dual IG units out of them as the Resin stain is applied to tempered glass also.
The advantages of Resin Stained Glass by Bear Glass are:
- Unlimited Design Possibilities: Any design that can be drawn on paper can be reproduced as a stained glass pattern.
- Cost effective: One-half to two-thirds the cost of traditional stained glass, even for one-off designs.
- Energy efficiency: The stained glass pattern can be put directly on modern double or triple paned glass, even on glass that is in a manufactured window sash.
- Cost effective custom work: Computer design and modern manufacturing techniques keep the cost on custom work to about one half the cost of traditional stained glass.
- High volume production runs feasible: The robotic CNC resin dispensing table enables high volume runs with excellent accuracy and reproducibility for every piece.
Bear Glass ships their Resin Stained Glass products worldwide. We do everything on glass.
For more information or to order your Resin Stained Glass from Bear Glass, please contact with Bear Glass at:
Factory / Office
Bear Glass Inc.
399 20th Street
Brooklyn, NY 11215